We believe in:
- The plenary and verbal inspiration of the Bible and its inerrancy as God’s Holy Word;
- The Holy trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; three persons in one essence in the unity of the Godhead;
- The creation of man by the direct act of God and his subsequent fall as revealed in the Genesis account;
- The deity, incarnation, and the virgin birth and sinless humanity of Jesus Christ our Lord. His substitutionary death on the cross as the atonement for man’s sin; His bodily resurrection from the tomb, His ascension into Heaven to sit at the Father’s right hand; the imminent rapture of the Church; and the personal, visible, and pre-millennial return of Christ in power and great glory;
- The power of Christ to save men eternally from the penalty of sin through faith in His shed blood and the gift of eternal life by the grace of God;
- The new birth of all who believe on Him through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit;
- The sanctification of the believer by the Holy Spirit through the Word;
- The final judgment of the wicked and Satan’s doom with the wicked in the Lake of Fire; and
- The eternal happiness of the righteous in the presence of the Lord, and the ushering in of eternal righteousness in the New Heaven and the New Earth.
OUR STAND ON DOCTRINES AND ISSUES
Christian Service Centers, Inc. is an evangelistic, faith mission, grounded on and limited by the Word of God. It is in His Word that we find our absolute and final authority for all matters.
Due to the present day movements which we believe are divisive and detrimental to the cause of Christ, we affirm our consistent stand and for the sake of clarity amplify our position in these areas.
Therefore, to be true to God’s calling, Christian Service Centers, Inc. does not accept missionary personnel who hold contrary views.
THIS IS OUR STAND ON THE ISSUES OF THE DAY
BIBLICAL INERRANCY – Christian Service Centers, Inc. has always held and still does today, to the inerrancy of the 66 books of the Bible, and that in the original manuscripts each book was infallible and inerrant in all its parts (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 4:3; 2 Peter 1:19-20).
CO-OPERATIVE EVANGELISM – Christian Service Centers, Inc. reserves the right to determine its relationship with such efforts as may be determined by the composition of the committees set up to manage the campaign. If it is inclusive, using both liberals and conservatives, then we would decline to participate (2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; Ephesians 5:11).
THE CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT – Christian Service Centers, Inc. does not agree with the charismatic movement, or that the Scriptures teach that speaking in tongues is the indispensable evidence of the gift of the Holy Spirit. In stating our position, we do not mean to detract from the sincerity or Christian character of many within this movement. Christian Service Centers, Inc. is not affiliated with any group or organization that is charismatic in nature and practice (Romans 6:17; James 3:16-18; 1 Timothy 4:1).
THE ECUMENICAL MOVEMENT – This movement places primary emphasis on uniting churches on a basis other than biblically sound doctrine and is another indication of the end of the age. Therefore, Christian Service Centers, Inc. abstains from all associations that would link it with this movement (2 Corinthians 6:14-17; 2 Peter 2:1-3; Revelation 18:1-4; 2 Chronicles 19:2).
SEPARATION – Christian Service Centers, Inc. emphasizes the Bible teaching that Christians should be separated from sin and ungodliness: from the world, from believers who walk disorderly, from those who teach false doctrine, and from those who deny the faith (2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; 2 John 9-11; 1 John 2:15-17; Romans 12:2; 1 Corinthians 5:9-13).
HOMOSEXUALITY – Christian Service Centers, Inc. is on record as being opposed to any movement that would recognize homosexuality as anything but gross sin; and, that while we view pre-marital sex, extra-marital sex, and homosexuality as sin, we do view those engaged in such practices as objects of the grace of God to be reached and won to the Lord Jesus Christ, the great Saviour of sinners (Genesis 2:18-24; Leviticus 18:22-24; Romans 1:22-28; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11).
THE LOCAL CHURCH – Christian Service Centers, Inc. believes in the scriptural importance of the local church. Our purpose is to assist the local church in its outreach for lost souls and to train believers to serve the Lord, and to be good students of God’s Word (1 Thessalonians 1:9-10; 2 Timothy 2:2,15; Acts 2:41-47; 1 Timothy 3:15).
THE LORD’S RETURN – Christian Service Centers, Inc. teaches the imminent bodily, pre-tribulation rapture of the Church, which is His body (John 14:1-3; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18) and His personal, visible return in glory with His saints (1 Thessalonians 3:13; Matthew 24:30) to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords (2 Thessalonians 1:8-10; Revelation 1:5-7).
THE ASSURANCE OF THE BELIEVER – Christian Service Centers, Inc. believes that the Scripture assures the truly born-again one that his salvation is eternal (John 5:24) and that nothing can separate him from his union with Christ (Romans 8:38-39; John 3:16, 6:47, 10:28-30; Romans 5:9, 8:31; 1 Corinthians 3:15; 1 John 5:12; Jude 24).
THE PERSON AND WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT – We believe and teach that the Holy Spirit, at the instant of regeneration, baptizes the new believer into the “body of Christ” which is the Church of the Living God (1 Corinthians 12:12-13). We further believe that only as the Holy Spirit controls and works through the believer can he be made pleasing to God and minister effectively for Him (Galatians 5:22-26).